Volunteers are an invaluable part of our philosophy of care, whether working behind the scenes or interacting with patients, families and staff. Every volunteer position is important and provides a genuine service to our hospital and patients. As a volunteer at Shriners Hospitals for Children® — Springfield you will discover a wealth of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to provide support to patients and their families so their hospital stay can be more pleasant
- Experience working with kids and families from diverse cultures
- Working in an environment that fosters creativity and independence
- Exposure to a unique health care environment
- Fexible work hours
- A sense of satisfaction that comes from giving of yourself to others
Volunteer placement is based on the needs of our hospital, the kind of work you wish to do and the times you are available. We work hard to match your interests and talents with the needs of the hospital so that you will have a meaningful volunteer experience.
To become a volunteer, you must meet a few basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to commit to a minimum of three to five hours per month
- Be willing to share pre-screening medical and background information
- Attend a comprehensive orientation program
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer download the volunteer application and fax the completed form to: 413-755-2321 or mail it to:
Shriners Hospitals for Children
516 Carew St.
Springfield, MA 01104
If an appropriate volunteer position is available you will be contacted for an interview and hospital tour. If no appropriate openings are available when your application is received, we will keep your application on file for three months.