Parking and Directions
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago
2211 N Oak Park Ave.
Chicago, IL 60707
For directions to our location, click on the address above to access Google Maps.
We are conveniently located on Oak Park Avenue between North and Grand Avenues in the Galewood neighborhood on Chicago’s northwest side, just blocks from the villages of Oak Park and Elmwood Park. Our hospital phone number is 773-622-5400.
Complimentary parking is available for patients, families and visitors in our Visitor Parking Lot. The front desk staff in the first floor lobby provides parking tokens.
Note: A Shrine Center in your area may be able to assist you with transportation to our hospital.
Directions from O'Hare Airport
- Take I-190 East
- Merge onto I-90 East
- Take exit 81A IL-43/Harlem Avenue
- Turn right (south) onto Harlem Avenue
- Travel approximately 4 miles to Grand Avenue.
- Turn left (east) on Grand Ave.
- Travel approximately .6 miles to Oak Park Avenue.
- Turn right (south) on Oak Park Ave.
- The hospital is approximately .3 miles on your left.
- Metra: We are located adjacent to the Mars stop and a short walk from the Mont Clare stop, on Metra’s Milwaukee District West Line. For details visit www.metrarail.com.
- CTA and Pace: Coming from Chicago? Our hospital is a 3 block walk from the #65 Grand Avenue bus stop at Grand & Oak Park Avenue. For additional information visit RTA Chicago Trip Planner. Don’t have internet access? You can call the RTA Travel Information Center at 312-836-7000.
Should you need to stay near our hospital or have a child staying overnight we have care coordinators to assist you with arrangements. We realize your presence during your child’s stay at the hospital is very reassuring, so we encourage one/two parent/guardian to stay at the bedside. We provide a single bed, bed linens and shower facilities for the parent staying.
For other family members who would like to stay close to the hospital during your child’s stay, your care coordinator can answer any questions you may have about housing and applicable discounts in the area surrounding Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago, including:
- Ronald McDonald House
The Ronald McDonald House, approximately 20 minutes from Shriners Hospital for Children – Chicago, provides a “home away from home” for families with children receiving treatment at our hospital. The volunteers and staff do their best to make you feel at home and take care of all of your needs to make your stay as comfortable as possible. To take a virtual tour of the Ronald McDonald House in Hines, IL, please visit the Ronald McDonald House website. Please work with your care coordinator for more information on booking a reservation.
We offer complimentary basic coffee all day to our patient families and visitors. Vending and soda machines are also available.
|6:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Hot breakfast served 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The main number to the Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago is 773-622-5400.
- For the comfort of the other patients, we request that all calls are made before 8 p.m. An exception may be made for calls outside the United States due to time zone differences.
- Outgoing phone calls can be made on the pay phones located in the front lobby.
- Cellphone use is restricted in patient care areas.
Free Wi-Fi is available for patient families and visitors.