At Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati, volunteers are an invaluable part of our philosophy of care. Whether it’s working behind the scenes or interacting with patients, families and staff, every volunteer position is important and provides a genuine service to our hospital and patients.
Because Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati is a pediatric specialty hospital, the following are requirements for becoming a volunteer:
- Must be 18 years of age and willing/able to commit to a minimum of 25 volunteer hours per calendar year. (Unique circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.)
- Youth volunteer must be 15 and up to 18 years of age by June 1 and have completed 9th grade. (Must have at least two non-family member references)
- Must submit to a complete background check, including a reference check
- Must submit to drug and alcohol screening
- Volunteers for special events that benefit the Cincinnati Shriners Hospital who do not hold a regular, ongoing volunteer status, will not be required to undergo drug testing or background checks. References may be required. Depending on the nature of the event, references and/or applicable health screening may be required.
- Must provide a current immunization record, including a tuberculosis screening
- Must attend a comprehensive orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position
- Must attend an annual educational review
To learn more about volunteering at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati, call volunteer services at 513-872-6137.