Jeffrey Ackman, M.D.
Jeffrey Ackman, M.D., is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon and co-medical director of the motion analysis center at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago.
Dr. Ackman has worked at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago for over 25 years. He runs the largest prosthetics clinic
in the Chicagoland area with a multidisciplinary team, including a prosthetist, nurses, therapists and a psychologist. Dr. Ackman believes it’s all about fitting the prosthesis to the child, not the child to the prosthesis. He also specializes in hip reconstruction, cerebral palsy
, limb lengthening, foot problems, gait and motion analysis
, straightening bones and all other bone disorders.
Dr. Ackman is an assistant professor at Rush University School of Medicine in Chicago and assistant professor at Marquette University Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Bachelors Degree, Colorado College
- Medical Degree, University of Illinois – Chicago
- Internship, Rush Presbyterian – St. Luke’s Medical Center, General Surgery
- Residency, Rush Presbyterian – St. Luke’s Medical Center, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Pediatric Orthopaedics and scoliosis
Awards, publications and textbook contributions