Reconstructive and laser plastic surgery
Our reconstruction program provides patients with advanced care for burn-related scarring and congenital, developmental and acquired deformities.
Collaborative approach to care
Our multidisciplinary team includes reconstructive plastic surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, nutritionists, social workers, pharmacists, child life specialists and orthotists and prosthetists who work in concert to optimize the cosmetic and functional outcomes for our patients.
The collaboration between the staff and families enables the team to devise a treatment plan that will provide optimal healing for the patient.
All care includes physical therapy and emotional support to help patients cope with re-entering school or their community after treatment.
Conditions treated with laser plastic surgery:
- Burn injuries
- Burn scars
- Cleft lip and palate
- Congenital breast deformity
- Congenital ear deformity
- Congenital hairy nevus
- Congenital hand anomalies
- Ear and hand deformities/injuries
- Facial/jaw deformity
- Hydradenitis suppurativa
- Hypertrophic scars and keloids
- Necrotizing cellulitis, sequelae of
- Necrotizing fasciitis, sequelae of
- Port wine stains
- Post-traumatic scar rehabilitation
- Purpura fulminans, sequelae of
- Scars (late deformity)
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome, sequelae of
- Traumatic injuries
- Vascular malformations
Medical, surgical and rehabilitative services:
- Hand surgery
- Microvascular surgery
- Pain management
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Positioning and splinting of joints
- Post-trauma reconstruction
- Pressure garments
- Wound healing
The medical team
William Magee, M.D., D.D.S., Director of Plastic Surgery
Katherine Au, M.D.
Lori Kathryn Howell, M.D.
Neil Jones, M.D.